Guest Bloggers are Welcome
Online since 2003, IPA Source is the web’s largest library of International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) transcriptions and literal translations of opera arias and art song texts. IPA Source was developed to benefit singers, teachers, and all those interested in the correct and knowledgeable performance of vocal literature. What started in 2003 as a support site for students in a university diction class has grown into the largest collection of literal translations and International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) transcriptions on the web. The goal of IPA Source is to promote the comprehension and accurate pronunciation of foreign language texts in art song and opera in order that the singer may imbue each syllable with the appropriate emotional content.
We want to share the IPA Source Blog to inspire performers around the globe. We welcome your original content to share as a guest post on the IPA Source Blog.
Guest Blogger Submission Requirements
Your content must:
- Pertain to texts, poets, composers or your personal experiences related to those topics and should be of an inspiring, positive, or educational nature.
- Be your original work. Plagiarism is not permitted. Please cite your sources.
- Be factual. You have made a proper effort to confirm accuracy.
- Not contain solicitation or commercial promotion.
- Be between 400 – 1,000 words. We may permit posts of other lengths at our discretion.
- Preferably never have been published on your site or elsewhere and not be published anywhere other than the IPA Source Blog for at least a week from the date of publication.
Content is accepted in English only.
We welcome images and/or video to accompany guest posts. Images must:
- Be directly relevant to the post content.
- Be your own or you must have the right to use the images and/or video and allow us to use them. (provide photo credit if appropriate)
- If you’re including pictures of people, you must ensure that you have their permission to use them. Your submission to the IPA Source Blog will also be used on social media.
- Please provide us with a link to your Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn handles or pages!
- Be a .jpg, .gif or .png file and meet our size/quality requirements:
- Feature image (Required): width of 800px and a height of 450px.
- Large Image (Optional): 656px by 410px.
- Medium Image (Optional): 300px by 199px.
- Total film length should be between 1 and 4 minutes, including credits.
- YouTube or Vimeo links are acceptable
- All languages are accepted. Non-English language films may be provided if they are subtitled in English.
We are pleased to give you credit as the author of your post. Your byline will be displayed at the bottom of the page below your guest post.
- We allow one link in your byline to your own blog, university page, or social media account. The link may not be an affiliate link or point to an affiliate site, such as a different cause or website other than your own blog. IPA Source may add links to texts that are on our site at our discretion.
- All links must be approved by IPA Source.
- Excessive links or any links that appear commercial will be removed. We reserve the right to remove any link including your byline in our sole discretion.
We want your post to be seen by as many people as possible.
- Your blog post will be promoted on IPA Source’s Social Media channels.
- We may edit your post to fit our style or tone.
- Please be available to monitor and answer any questions or comments on Facebook after your post is published. You must maintain a professional and positive tone in your responses.
- If we use your guest post, you may promote it on your own website, Facebook, Twitter or other social media forums. Promoting does not mean you post the entire article on these forums. You may include a link to your guest post and a short sentence or two explaining what the article is about.
- To apply as a guest blogger, use our contact form to reach out to our offices and submit an abstract (300 words or less) of your topic. We’ll then provide you with information on where to email your content.
- Submit your post in a Microsoft Word document to IPA Source. Please also include a one paragraph, brief bio and photo of yourself.
- Not all submissions will be selected for publication. Additionally, we may reject submissions that don’t meet our guidelines or we otherwise feel are not a good fit with our blog.
- If your post is selected, we will try to provide you with notice at least one week before the date we intend to publish your blog post and social media post so that you are available to monitor and answer questions or comments on each post.
- We offer a complimentary six-month individual subscription to IPA Source as payment for published submission.
- If your submission is accepted, we may make edits if we feel they are necessary. We will discuss these with you in advance.
- We may add our own images/video if we feel they will help improve the post. This does not give you the right to use to those images/video.
- The number of posts published on the IPA Source Blog by any author may be limited at our discretion.
- All submissions must be reviewed and approved by us prior to publication.